by Fittie Sense
“Christmas calories don’t count”
“It’s the holidays, it ok!”
You’re going to hear a lot of this with the festive season ahead. Don’t be fooled!
With temptation all around, think about balance to avoid the holidays throwing you off-track. Here are some of our mindful tips for a happy and healthy Christmas:
- Question the menu when eating out. Ask the restaurant how the dishes are prepared so that you can make informed decisions when ordering your meal.
- Control your portion sizes. If you simply can’t pass up that slice of cake, then have a small slice of cake.
- Make smart substitutions. If you’re still craving more cake, you may wish to satisfy that craving with a small square of dark chocolate, which is rich in antioxidants and lower in sugar & fat than a slice of cake.
- Limit alcohol consumption. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram (as opposed to 4 calories per gram in carbohydrates & proteins, and 9 calories per gram in fats). Alcohol, however, is metabolised differently in your body than the other macros: it is metabolised ahead of carbs, proteins & fats, derailing your wellness goals. If you do have an alcoholic beverage, stick to simple drinks without a lot of sugar or heavy ingredients, such as a glass of wine or spirit served neat.
- Stay active. The holiday season can be busy and exhausting. Ironically, one of the ways to fix flagging energy is by exercising. Don’t skip on your regular exercise routine – even if you only have 30 minutes, take those 30 minutes and get active.
Impulse Members enjoy a 15% in-house discount!
Best regards, Victor
Fittie Sense, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar